Know Why Nutrition Supplements Are Essential for Your Kids
Anxious about your children’s growth and nourishment? As parents, we try to provide the best of everything to our kids, including good and nutritious food. But due to our busy lives, we often resort to quick-fix meals, order ready-to-eat food, feast on fast food, munch on snacks, and drink aerated drinks.
So, what do you do?
For parents, it is not only a big job to cook fresh food at home, but also a huge task to get children to eat the food, especially if they are picky eaters!!
Therefore, it becomes essential to support your everyday eating habits with additional sources, such as nutritional supplements for kids.
You can start small and slowly introduce tasty and healthy food to your kids’ diet for essential nutrients and instil good eating habits.
Importance of a Healthy Diet and Nutritional Supplements for Children
A healthy and balanced diet plays an essential role in the overall growth, physical development, and mental wellbeing of your children. A wholesome diet provides most of the vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, calcium, and other nutrients to support natural development in children.
A simple measure of your child’s health is marked by:
- Fitness level to perform physical and mental activities
- Bodily growth as per age
- Immunity against diseases and infections
- Recovery after an injury or illness, and so on
Check the nutrition labels on the food you buy. This will give you some information on the nutrients you are consuming. Make sure that you provide the alphabets of vitamins to your kids. Ensure they get vitamins A, B, C, D, E along with iron and calcium.
Balanced and Nutritious Diet
A balanced diet includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy products, nuts, seeds, and oils. You can also eat bread, meat, fish, and poultry items if you are a non-vegetarian.
When to Complement Normal Diet with Nutritional Supplements?
You can support your regular food diet with nutritional supplements and obtain the best nutrients, vitamins, and minerals in the recommended dosage.
- Children who are vegans or follow a vegetarian diet may miss out on some vitamins, minerals, and proteins that are otherwise found in non-vegetarian food. For these individuals, nutritional supplements become essential if some nutritive values are lagging in them.
- Children who do not drink milk, do not consume dairy products, are allergic to lactose or cannot digest milk-related products. You can give calcium supplements to provide the daily requirement of calcium dose required for bone health.
- Kids with poor appetite can also take food supplements and those who drink a lot of aerated or sugar-sweetened drinks.
- Children with celiac disease (an autoimmune disorder) that gets triggered when they eat gluten.
Nutritional gummies do not cause any harm to children. Instead, these supplements support and promote the overall development of children.
Best Food Supplements for Kids
In simple words, food supplements are products that supplement or complement your regular diet. Food supplements are concentrated with vitamins, nutrients, and other nutritional constituents that fill the nutritional gap and to promote physical and mental growth.
Food supplements can be in the form of tablets, capsules, pills, pastilles, liquid, powder, or gummies. You can give these vitamin and calcium gummies to your children to support their overall development.
Usually, food supplements for kids are packed with the exact requirements of vitamins and minerals recommended for their daily dosage. So, you use nutritional supplements for children without any worries and enjoy the benefits. Yet, it is best to seek the advice of your paediatrician before adding these gummies to your kids’ diet.
Remember that nutritional supplements are medicines. Do not eat them as confectionaries and without seeking your doctor’s advice. Always try and get the nutrition values from the food you eat. You can take these vitamin and calcium supplements to support and enhance your current nutritional gaps. You cannot replace your meals with it! Your paediatrician will first examine your child, study the growth indicators, and only then recommend the type of supplement and the dosage required.