Tips for How to Deal with Picky Eaters & Make Mealtime Easier
Do you have a picky eater in your family? Mealtime can be stressful when trying to make everyone happy, as some children may refuse to eat altogether. Don’t worry - there are simple strategies you can use to make mealtime easier and help your child develop healthy eating habits. In this article, we will provide tips on how to deal with picky eaters and make mealtime a bonding experience for the whole family.
For parents whose children are picky eaters, mealtime can be a source of frustration and worry. But children who exhibit picky eating behaviours are actually quite common, with research suggesting that up to 25% of children aged 2-6 have such tendencies. While it’s important for parents to ensure their children have a balanced diet, there are also ways to make mealtime more enjoyable and encourage healthy eating habits.
It’s important to remember that picky eating is considered normal behaviour in young children as they learn about taste and texture preferences. To help foster healthy eating habits in picky eaters, try involving your child in the preparation of meals, serving food family-style so everyone can take what they like, or offering a variety of foods at each mealtime.
Meal planning can be a challenge for any family, but when picky eaters are involved the process can become much more difficult. Parents of picky eaters may feel discouraged and frustrated by the seemingly endless mealtime battles that arise and always have a question: How can I get my kid to gain weight? However, there are strategies to help families plan meals that everyone will enjoy.
One key strategy is involving children in the cooking process. This helps them to gain an understanding of how food is made, and increases their excitement about mealtime. Additionally, allowing kids to choose one or two ingredients for a meal gives them ownership over what they are eating and may encourage them to try something new. It’s also important to provide plenty of healthy options at mealtimes so that kids have control over which items they select from the various choices available. Here are few tips for picky eaters parents:-
- Start small: Introduce new foods gradually and in small amounts.
- Get them involved: Have children help with meal planning, grocery shopping, and preparation to make them more invested in the meal.
- Make it fun: Cut food into fun shapes or create a fun presentation to make it more appealing to children.
- Be patient: Children may need to try a food multiple times before they develop a taste for it.
- Lead by example: Children learn by example, so make sure to eat a variety of healthy foods in front of them.
- Use positive reinforcement: Praise children when they try new foods or eat their vegetables.
- Avoid power struggles: Don't force children to eat or make mealtime a battle.
- Keep it simple: stick to simple, healthy ingredients and avoid too many spices or strong flavours.
- Be consistent: Keep offering new foods and eventually they may develop a taste for it.
- Allow for choices: Give children a choice of two or three healthy options to choose from at mealtime.
Try incorporating multi vitamin gummy bears or other healthy gummy vitamins into the diet. Kids love taking nutrition gummies as part of their daily routine so why not make them part of a balanced diet? This is an easy and fun way to sneak in extra nutrition that kids will actually enjoy eating.
Most parents have a hard time convincing their kids to finish their breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hence, gummies are the only complete multivitamins that they will take because gummies are shaped like candies. NutriBears Daily Multivitamin Gummies are formulated for kids above 5 years as well teens with 11 essential nutrients, multivitamins, and calcium. They are designed to meet kids’ nutritional needs which would give them the right amount of energy, reduce fatigue as well as support their immune system and vitality no matter the season.
In conclusion, meal time doesn't have to be a battle with picky eaters. By following the tips above, you can make mealtime enjoyable for both you and your child. From involving kids in meal planning to offering healthy choices, these strategies can help ensure that everyone eats a nutritious and delicious meal. Additionally, it is important to remain patient and understanding when encouraging children to try new foods. With some creativity and a bit of patience, parents can overcome picky eating habits.